Wikipedia: Laser SETI (needs updating and correcting)
The below is a not anywhere close to being an exhaustive or authoritative list, but hopefully gives a broad range of useful perspectives.
- Daily Beast: How Little Lasers Might Light Our Way to Extraterrestrials
- German Public Radio (in German): LaserSETI searches for light signals from extraterrestrial intelligence
- Press release: LaserSETI Installs 2nd Observatory at Haleakala Observatory
- UH News: Enhanced alien detecting instrument installed on Haleakalā
- Tech Radar: SETI gets a laser update to help seek out alien life among the stars
- Indiegogo Site: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/laser-seti-first-ever-all-sky-all-the-time-search#/
- Centauri Dreams
- Astronomy.com: Now is your chance to fund a groundbreaking SETI project
- Astrobiology.com: Laser SETI: First Ever All-Sky All-the-Time Search
- Space.com: New ‘Laser SETI’ Approach Seeks Crowdfunding to Seek Out Alien Life
This is just a small selection of papers specifically relevant to LaserSETI. Please see Jill Tarter’s Technosearch Archive for a more general resource.
Despite the technical nature of these papers, everyone is encouraged to take a pass through them. They’re very well written and accessible, and any investment will reward the reader richly.
- Loeb: Observational Signatures of Sub-Relativistic Meteors (2020)
- NASA Technosignatures Workshop (2018)
- Breakthrough Listen Optical SETI Workshop Report (2016)
- Benford: Beaming Leakage As SETI Observable (2016)
- Loeb: SETI via Lightsail Leakage (2015)
- Forgan: Can Collimated Extraterrestrial Signals be Intercepted (2014)
- Howard: Astronomical Searches for Nanosecond Optical Pulses (2006)
Not every talk has been recorded, unfortunately, but we hope those we do have will be an effective and enjoyable way to learn about LaserSETI and the science its designed to do. The list is in reverse chronological order, so it progresses from more focused on the instrument to the general science and approach.
Ferguson Observatory Speaker Series (2022)
Facebook Live (2019)
SETI Institute Colloquium Series (2016)
Breakthrough Discuss Announcement (2016)
We hope you’ll find these other resources useful and interesting:
- arXiv.org – Open-access archive for millions of scholarly articles in the fields of physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance, statistics, electrical engineering and systems science, and economics
- AMON – The Astrophysical Multimessenger Observatory Network seeks to perform real-time correlation analysis of the high-energy signals across all known astronomical messengers: photons, neutrinos, cosmic rays, and gravitational waves
- Assembly of the Order of the Octopus – Virtual conference for early-career researchers who work in, or would like to begin working in, the field of SETI
- Centauri Dreams – Imagining and Planning Interstellar Exploration
- PSETI – The Penn State Extraterrestrial Intelligence Center is dedicated to advancing the search for technosignatures
- SETI Institute – Our mission is to explore, understand, and explain the origin and nature of life in the universe
- Technosearch Archive – If you can find a SETI paper that isn’t in here, please submit it!
- VASCO – The Vanishing and Appearing Sources over a Century of Observations project searches archival observations for evidence of transients